1. Soak lentils for one hour in cold water, then drain well. Grind the nuts in a food processor until quite fine but not too smooth. Set nuts aside.
2. Chop the carrot, celery, onion and mushrooms into small chunks, then pass them through a food processor or blender until they are quite finely chopped.
3. Fry the vegetables gently in the butter for five minutes, then stir in the curry powder and cook for a minute. Cool.
4. Meanwhile, mix the soaked lentils with the nuts, vegetables, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, egg, salt, parsley, and water.
5. Grease and line the base and sides of a long, 1kg/2lb loaf tin with greaseproof paper or a sheet of foil. Press the mixture into the tin. Preheat the oven to 190degrees Celsius/ 375degrees Fahrenheit/ Gas 5.
6. Bake for about 60-75minutes until just firm, covering the top with a butter paper or piece of foil if it starts to burn.
7.Allow the mixture to stand for about 15 minutes before you turn it out and peel off the paper. It will be fairly soft when cut, as it is a moist loaf.